[pmwiki-users] Raw page formatting and layout

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Aug 25 13:51:10 CDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 10:04:15AM -0500, David Sovinski wrote:
> Hello, where is the documentation about the wiki page header info? What
> each field means and which field are mandatory? I want to be able to
> interpret the page looking at it with a ASCII editor.

AFAIK it's not documented anywhere (unless it's been recently added --
I haven't looked yet).  Only two fields are mandatory:

    newline=
    text=

where newline= is the character sequence to be used to separate lines
in the text= field.  Any unique character sequence will work for newline,
it doesn't have to be PmWiki's default.

It would be very possible for us to update the pmwiki code so that any
raw text files appearing in the wiki.d/ directory are treated directly as
markup text.  They'd then be converted into the PmWiki standard page
file format the next time the page is updated.