[pmwiki-users]SEO: Avoiding Headings in the SideBar

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 12:56:46 CDT 2005

Monday, August 15, 2005, 12:48:54 AM, Patrick wrote:
> I've been thinking that the <div class="pagetitle"> that exists
> now in PmWiki's skin ought to just change to <h1 class="pagetitle">.
> Opinions?

Sounds good. But would it not then be logical also  to disallow
<h1> generation in page content?

For instance ! could become <h2>, !! could become <h3>, etc.

Who as an author cares anyway if <h1> or <h2> or <h3> etc gets
generated. most authors just want decent looking headings, and the
markup with ! !! !!! etc works fine, never mind which html heading
gets generated.

For the sidebar use of headings:
It would be great if authors can just use normal headings markup, but
the output then becomes custom styled sidebar headings, and not html
<h1> etc tags. But I guess this is too much trouble for the parser,
cause it needs to treat the sidebar differently from the main page.

So a wikistyle for a wiki heading useful for sidebars, and other
places, is my second choice.
%sidehead% I find too long a word, and it does not need to be
restricted for sidebars, after all it is just a  style class, and can
have different styling for different divisions.
I propose %head% as a shorter form.

Best,
~Hans