[pmwiki-users] View modes

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 02:16:46 CDT 2005

On 8/9/05, Bronwyn Boltwood <arndis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here are my points on how they should work:

I forgot a case:  what happens when the admin has set the default view
is set to stealth, and the user logs in?

I think that, upon login, the view should change to, in order of preference,
- User's preferred non-stealth view, as set in Site.Preferences-$User
- Last non-stealth view used by this person, as saved in a cookie
- Whatever the site admin has set as the default non-stealth view
- Visitor / reader / standard view

So the admin should also be able to set a default non-stealth view.
If not set, this defaults to standard view.

Bronwyn