[pmwiki-users] Re: Supporting different modes in default pmwiki

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Aug 8 16:43:16 CDT 2005

Monday, August 8, 2005, 7:31:41 PM, Radu wrote:
> I would have done it the other way around: Temp seems to be a much
> more clutterable place than Cookbook. A place for developing ideas.
> Cookbook is for offering solutions rather than more problems, eh? ;)

Well Cookbook.Modes  offers a solution, a working script :)
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Modes
This can be changed according to what name changes etc we come up
with, but it is a collection of useful tools to help implement modes
in skins and action list configurations.

I am playing around with this on my machine, to get a feel of it, see
what is possible and possible limitations, and if this may be
practical. This is just my personal approach: that I need to try out
concepts, in order to understand them. I can't just keep on talking
on a conceptual level, I need to see it "at work".

Well, for me 'Views' seems to be a more intuitive name than modes.
I might have grasped the concept a lot quicker had it been named
Views. I may just rewrite the modes.php to a views.php script :))
and create a group 'Views' as a playground.

Best,
~Hans