[pmwiki-users] Problem with Cookbook CommentBox and beta 32

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Wed Apr 27 06:30:04 CDT 2005

I have just upgraded to beta 32 and something seems to have broken the
CommentBox cookbook script. When I try to save a comment I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: basicauth()

which is in the function:

function BypassAuth($pagename,$level,$authprompt=true) {
     global $AuthFunction,$oAuthFunction;
     if ($level=='edit') $AuthFunction = $oAuthFunction;
     return $oAuthFunction($pagename,"read",$authprompt);
}

Looking at the source I notice the function is called BasicAuth and is
in httpauth.php. I guess that the commentbox script isn't finding
httpauth.php for some reason. My knowledge of PHP is strictly limited,
so I can't see how the CommentBox script should be including the
BasicAuth function. Can someone please enlighten me.

Ian.