[pmwiki-users] empty line annoyance

Hans design at flutesong.net
Sun Apr 24 13:12:25 CDT 2005

Sunday, April 24, 2005, 3:49:35 PM, Patrick wrote:
> For now, I recommend simply keying off of "%block", so that
> any line that begins with this string is automatically placed into
> its own block:

>    Markup('^%block', '>^!<:',
>      '/^%block\\s/',
>      '<:p>%block ');

> This will cause such blocks to each get their own paragraph, each
> wrapped in its own <p>...</p>.  If you want the adjacent blocks to
> not be in paragraph tags, use '<:block>%block ' for the fourth parameter.

Installing this markup in config.php has the effect of
disabling any block styles, without even using it in the page. :-(

I also did not really understand how to use the markup, don't know
what "keying off" means, and how this markup should be used in
conjunction with following markup for styling blocks:

     %block style1% paragraph text goes here...
     %block style2% second paragraph text goes here.

Best,
~Hans