[pmwiki-users] Is there a way to tell if anyone is editing a wiki page?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Apr 15 12:02:18 CDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 09:53:50AM -0700, Menachem Shapiro wrote:
> I was wondering if there was any way to be able to tell if anyone is
> editing a wiki page (in other words, running ?action=edit).
>
> That way I would know if it were safe to make changes to my
> configuration files.
>
> I am assuming that there isn't a way to tell because the action just
> happens and then an edit page opens up. I am assuming the browser
> doesn't interact again with the wiki until preview or save is clicked.

This is the topic that Radu brought up yesterday, thread starts
at http://www.pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2005-April/012434.html
but then runs into a discussion of how search engines will
hit the edit pages and generate false notices that the page is
being edited by someone when it really isn't.