[Pmwiki-users] Drawback with simultaneous editing

chr@home.se chr
Sun Oct 31 12:56:53 CST 2004

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 05:49:57PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> > * Press edit link on a page to edit it
> > * Edit it and make some changes
> > * Press save button
> > * See the modified page and realized that I made a tiny error, press
> >   "Back" in the browser and re-edit
> > It's the last step that doesn't work with the current implementation of
> > simultaneous edits.
>
> Hmm, it works in my browser (Firefox 0.9), no problem.

Just to be on the safe side, this is what I do, see
	http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/Test/EditSaveBackEdit

* Do Edit page and make some change
* Click Save button
* Use 'back' in my browser to return to the edit page
* Make some changes
* Click Save button

I now get another Edit page, where this warning is shown on top:
	The page you are editing has been modified since you started
	editing it. The modifications have been merged into the text
	below, you may want to verify the results of the merge before
	pressing save. Conflicts the system couldn't resolve are
	bracketed by <<<<<<< and >>>>>>>. (View changes)

The edit form now contains a diff (marked with the <<<<<< and >>>>>>),
quite annoying.

I'll try this using Netscape and see what happens.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr