[Pmwiki-users] Drawback with simultaneous editing

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Oct 31 12:24:40 CST 2004

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 05:49:57PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> * Press edit link on a page to edit it
> * Edit it and make some changes
> * Press save button
> * See the modified page and realized that I made a tiny error, press
>   "Back" in the browser and re-edit
> It's the last step that doesn't work with the current implementation of
> simultaneous edits.

Hmm, it works in my browser (Firefox 0.9), no problem.    But then again,
my browser doesn't appear to be caching the page (indeed, the fact that
your browser *is* caching the page indicates that it's not honoring the
HTTP protocol standards).

> Would it be possible to have a fix for this special case? I.e. when it's
> the person who just edited the page that uses 'back' to edit it again?

Might be possible.  How would PmWiki know that it's "the same person"?
(IP address doesn't work because of proxies/firewalls/NAT issues.)