[Pmwiki-users] How to check out PmWiki 2 via CVS

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Oct 25 11:30:52 CDT 2004

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 08:03:00PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> I thought it's time to try out PmWiki 2 and I would like to use cvs both
> for maintaining my configuration files and to update/maintain the PmWiki
> installation. The configuration files should of course be version
> controlled to a private repository, while PmWiki is extracted from the
> repository at sourceforge.

Actually, I hadn't thought of the possibility that one would want to
version-control config files to a private repository.  But I don't see
a clean way of doing this...

> Because of the reasons above, it would be better if local/ was *not* part
> of the pmwiki cvs module. Thoughts?

This would mean that someone checking out PmWiki would not get a local/
directory, and would have to create it manually.  I'm not sure if this
is good or bad, but whatever we do would probably have to apply to
cookbook/ and pub/css/ as well, and there's a lot of customization that
goes into pub/skins/ that might not play well with CSS.  So, I fear
this might be just a partial solution.