[Pmwiki-users] any conclusion on catagories ? added docs

Knut Alboldt mailing
Sun Oct 24 13:04:31 CDT 2004

At 05:29 23.10.2004, Pm wrote a lot ...

Thanks for these explanations !

I put this into http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/PmWiki/UsingCategories
Will get some more text from John's posts as well to complete this.
Tried to create some sample pages in the groups SampleFilm and SampleCategory.

The statement

>     (:pagelist Category.XYZ:)

leads in an error
(see:http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/SampleCategory/GroupFooter) :

         Notice: Undefined index: group in
/home/pmichaud/pmwiki2/scripts/pagelist.php on line 87

         Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent
by (output started at  /home/pmichaud/pmwiki2/scripts/pagelist.php:87) in
/home/pmichaud/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php on line 591

some more notes (I also put to the text above:)

 >So, we don't even need to write a bunch of (:pagelist Category.<Name>:)
directives to create the page listings -- just >creating a generic one in
Category.GroupHeader or Category.GroupFooter will do it for all categories
we might create.

it's not possible to add the non-existant pages as a link in a page, cause
this link will automatically turned into an action=edit-link so you can add
the link only in the URL-field of the browser

Knut