[Pmwiki-users] Few questions.

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Thu Oct 7 08:28:57 CDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 05:03:51AM +0200, Fred B. wrote:
> So, now, I'm using PmWiki 2.0Devel11 on Mac OS X Server 10.3.5,
> 1)
> I can't use accented letters in WikiLinks
[ problem description elided ]
> So, what am I missing?

No idea.  I don't do i18n :)

> 2)
> [:include PageName#1#10:] is not working. It's not working on
> PmWiki2-Devel site neither
> http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/PmWiki/Directives

I just looked at the source for pmwiki-2.0devel11 and that syntax
appears to only work when you have anchors in the included page.
(i.e. [:include PageName#foo#bar:]  would include all of the text on
the PageName page from the [[#foo]] anchor to the [[#bar]] anchor)

However, it looks like [:include PageName lines=1..10:] will do what
you want.  See the top of
http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/Main/WikiSandbox where I use
[:include RecentChanges lines=1..10:]

> ----
> 3)
> It tooks me time to figure this one out, as it involved 2 pretty
> complex advanced tables with [:include Page:]'s, but I finally reduce
> it to something really simple to explain (thanks god ;).
>
> When using more than 8 [:include SomePage:] on a page, "include
> Main.GroupFooter" appears at the bottom of the page.
> And starting at 9 [:include SomePage:] , they are not resolved anymore
> and "include SomePage" appears instead + "include Main.GroupHeader"
> appears at the top.
>
> I tried it on PmWiki2-Devel site and it's the same, except the problems
> started after 9 and 10 [:include SomePage:] (?)
>
> Is this a known limitation?

Yep. The $MaxIncludes variable controls how many times you can include a
page. The default value for $MaxIncludes is 10 and the reason you see
this behavior after 8 or so is probably because your template has a
couple of include: in it (like for the SideBar for instance).

Just set $MaxIncludes to some larger value in your config.php

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff at pobox.com