[Pmwiki-users] include # most recently added/edited pages in page

Peter Brink peter.brink
Wed Oct 6 07:32:14 CDT 2004

On Sunday, October 03, 2004 10:49 PM,
Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 07:57:32PM +0200, Jody Foo wrote:
>> Hi, I'm using currently using PmWiki 1.0.1 and would like to know
if
>> anyone has a cookbook recipe which adds markup for including a list
>> of the # most recently added or edited pages?
>
> [[include:Main.AllRecentChanges#10]]
>
> displays the ten most recently edited pages.  If the lines are too
> long, you can have PmWiki maintain a bullet list of pagenames:
>
>    $RecentChanges['Main.RecentList'] = '* $Group.$Tlink . ';
>
> and then do [[include:Main.RecentList#10]] to display this smaller
> list.

I'm using pmwiki-1.0.10.

Why is it that new entries on Main.AllRecentChanges are inserted at
the top of the page while new entries to Main.RecentList (as per your
suggestion above) is inserted at the bottom? Adding
[[include:Main.RecentList##10]] to my mainpage
[http://trudvang.rollspelshornan.se] thus shows the first ten lines of
Main.RecentList which is not the same as the last ten changes... Could
it have anything to do with me not using "Main" as my main group?

I've used "$RecentChanges['Main.RecentList'] = '* $Group.$Tlink';" in
my config.php (I've removed the dot at the end of the string).