[Pmwiki-users] Re: AsSpaced function (was pmwiki-2.0.devel9 released)

John Rankin john.rankin
Fri Oct 1 20:21:49 CDT 2004

On Friday, 1 October 2004 9:32 PM, chr at home.se wrote:
>On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>>
>> For example, an administrator will be able to disable or change the
>> meaning of individual wikiwords, as well as wikiwords that match a
>> pattern (e.g., "Mc[:upper:]", "COM\\d+", etc.).  Same thing for setting
>> counts of wikiwords and the like.
>
>Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.... in the configuration of my work wiki I had
>hundreds of specific expceptions, and in the end I simply gave
>up and did:
>
>	if ($group!='' && $group!='Main' && $group!='PmWiki')
>		$WikiWordCountMax = 0;

I find abbreviations with a lower case letter are a common problem,
like CoP or SOEs or BSc:

One can add a check to de-space all patterns of the form

    \s[:upper:]+\s[:upper:][:lower:]\s
    \s[:upper:][:lower:]\s[:upper:]+\s

or require wikiwords to have at least 2 lower case letters, or ...

but I am increasingly coming round to Ilya's view:

  "As for me, I like the MediaWiki approach: no WikiWords at all"
--
JR