[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki-0.6.19 released

John Rankin john.rankin
Mon May 10 16:34:41 CDT 2004

On Tuesday, 11 May 2004 6:34 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
[snip]
>In addition, I'm taking this opportunity to advise cookbook script
>authors and people who do heavy customization of PmWiki's edit forms
>that the internal functions for editing, previewing, and posting pages
>may change somewhat significantly over the next few releases.  These
>changes will be made to allow support for comments, simultaneous
>edits, and other extensions to the editing/posting process.  I expect
>that the changes I'm contemplating will not have a significant impact
>for the vast majority of PmWiki installations, but wanted to let
>people who interact with that portion of the code to be aware that
>changes are likely to come soon.

These sound like excellent enhancements, as usual.

As one who makes calls to HandlePost to deal with comment boxes, I
think the local customisations will continue to work if HandlePost
and AuthFunction calls continue to behave the same way. The local
customisations add the following capability:
- post a date/time stamped comment at the place in the page where
  [[$Comment]] markup is written, newest at the top of the list
- [[$Commentchrono]] posts newest at the end of the comment list
- post to the top or bottom of the page if [[$Comment... is not
  present (eg it's in a template or a GroupHeader or Footer)
- [[$Wikilog]] posts a story (headline, text and author) to the
  beginning of today's page in the calendar, time-stamped
- [[$Wikilogchrono]] posts the story to the end of today's page
- optionally, a writer can post a comment or story to an edit-
  passworded page using only a read password (if one is set)

Perhaps some of these capabilities will make it into the enhancement?

>Pm
>
>--

JR
--