[Pmwiki-users] Re: new link markup format? [[link] text]

Wayne Lee wl.pmwiki
Sun May 9 14:05:45 CDT 2004

I just uploaded code to support this new link markup, albeit in a very
crude way.

<http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Development/AltLinkMarkup>

It works by:
1) Not allowing reserved double bracket words to be used as free links.
2) Deprecating [[link text]].  [[link] text] has to be used instead.

I could not figure out how to create a nameless link (e.g. [1]) with
free links.  Is it possible?  Other than that, all of the markups works
in my testing.

This implementation is not that portable as it maintains a list of
reserved double bracket words that cannot be used as free links.  It
would be better if PmWiki maintained that list instead.  Anyone who
introduces a new DoubleBracketWord would have to add to that list.

	Pm, what do you think, can this be added?

A script to convert legacy uses of [[link text]] to [[link] text] would
make adoption more desirable.  I'll see if I can do that soon.

Hopefully some of you find this useful.  Also, if you think introducing
something this drastically different is way too confusing, then we can
remove it from the site.

Thanks,
Wayne