[Pmwiki-users] Developer Question

Tom Hoover l-pmwiki-users
Mon Mar 22 08:55:14 CST 2004

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 03:36:39PM +0100, Nils Knappmeier wrote:
> OK, we could try that. Although I have the feeling that the page will be
> overloaded pretty soon.

Only if people cc: everything to pmwiki at hisword.net.  Also, the proper
markup must be present for the data to be extracted/posted.

> And just pasting the mail into the page isn't very overviewable. It'll
> need some markup to emphasize the question or something.

The purpose of AppendWikiPage is just to get the data onto the wiki.
It's understood that the page will need to be edited slightly to clean
it up.  This, however, can be done by anyone at any time.  I feel that
the important thing is to get the data into the wiki before it's lost.

I'm open to suggestions for adding markup, but it seems to me that such
cleanup is better done on the wiki itself.

To make it easier to find pages in need of Refactoring, AppendWikiPage
adds a "RefactorMe" badge to all edited pages (see the
Cookbook.DeveloperTips for an example).  Searching for "RefactorMe" will
bring up a list of all pages in need of cleanup.