[Pmwiki-users] Install on Macintosh

Andres Yver yver
Sun Mar 14 07:48:24 CST 2004

On Sunday, March 14, 2004, at 10:23 AM,
Pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com wrote:

> I want to be able to have PmWiki installed on my Mac iBook so that I
> can work on the wiki locally then upload the files to the site
> periodically.   Is this even possible?

If you're using OS X 10.2 or higher, then it's a piece of cake.

Download and install PHP:

http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/

Open System Preferences, go to Sharing, Services tab. Turn on Web
Sharing.
This starts the Apache web server process.

Follow the instructions in
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/Installation

Extract the pmwiki distribution into /Library/WebServer/Documents
This is your public www directory. Note, this is not the same directory
as your user's shared web directory, which lives in /User/username/Sites

Open a web browser, like firefox or safari, type
127.0.0.1/pmwiki/pmwiki.php

hth,
andres