[Pmwiki-users] %class=something%

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Mar 4 08:21:06 CST 2004

Without getting into the overall arguments, let me point out one or
two important points:

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:16:25AM -0300, Andres Yver wrote:

> Wiki Authors want to write. They're not into having to go and read the
> relevant instruction or copy paste the right bit of code into the right
> place to make their page look the way they want.

Some Wiki Authors also want to be able to define their own styles.

> If PmWiki could have %style=.foo% handle everything, authors would have
> an easier time.

PmWiki 0.6.9 now supports %class=foo%.

> .mystyle is a link in Edit.Sidebar to a function that inserts
> 'style=.mystyle%' at the cursor.

This is not currently do-able in several popular browsers, at least
the last time I checked (about a month ago).  Most browsers will let
you insert text at the end of a <textarea> element in response to
a button or link event, but many do not have an "insert at cursor"
capability.