[Pmwiki-users] Re: include part of a page syntax, revisited

Steven Leite steven_leite
Wed Jun 16 11:22:40 CDT 2004

On Wednesday, June 16, 2004 6:05 AM [GMT+1=CET],
Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 10:43:42AM +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
>> I think it'd look pretty and *very* intuitive if
>>         [[include:PageName#1-20]]
>> included lines 1-20. Is there anything bad with using this?
>
> No, not in itself, but it seems to me that whatever is used should
> match the syntax used to include the text between two anchors
> (i.e., #start#end).  #start-end doesn't work because hyphens are
> allowed in anchor names--it would need to be #start-#end, in which
> case the hyphen seems superfluous and possibly confusing (is it
> "start"
> or "start-"?).

How about  using 3 'dots' as the separator.  It's intuitive, and easy to
understand:
To include everything between #1 and #20, write:
[[include:PageName#1...20]],
to include everything after #1, write [[include:PageName#1...]],
and to include everything before #10, write [[include:PageName...#10]].

-S