[Pmwiki-users] Re: hierarchical paths

Christian Ridderström chr
Wed Jun 16 02:10:35 CDT 2004

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Jason Grossman wrote:

> Please please could we stick with the two-level hierarchical scheme we
> have in PmWiki 1.0?

I don't think you have to worry, there's a large support for at they very
least allowing the old *one-level* group hierarchy. So this is probably
always going to be there, i.e. we're not talking about taking it away.

> Like many people (I think), I use PmWiki because it's simple.  If you
> want comments pages, MediaWiki has them, and is extraordinarily easy to
> set up.  If you want the other things people are asking for, twiki (or
> owiki) has them and is also reasonably easy to set up.

Um... I don't understand... I want to use one wiki for all of this because
it's more convenient to me both as an administrator and user?

> And the lesson I learn from recent posts to this list is that we can't.

It aint over 'til it's over... meaning that your inference is bad.
Although understandable given the thread on hierarchical groups that was
totally unreadable. Anyway, just because we haven't come up with a good
markup yet, doesn't mean we wont in a few days. The suggestion from the
other Jason (I think) might for instance be good once you've thought about
it.

/Christian