[Pmwiki-users] hierarchical paths

Jason Grossman Jason.Grossman
Tue Jun 15 19:27:04 CDT 2004

Please please could we stick with the two-level hierarchical scheme we
have in PmWiki 1.0?

Like many people (I think), I use PmWiki because it's simple.  If you
want comments pages, MediaWiki has them, and is extraordinarily easy to
set up.  If you want the other things people are asking for, twiki (or
owiki) has them and is also reasonably easy to set up.

I have all three of these wikis on my server, and two of them in active
use.  Of the three, I use PmWiki the most because it's simple (and
because it's pretty).  Making PmWiki as powerful as MediaWiki or twiki
would just be reinventing the wheel ... unless we can think of a way to
make it that powerful while still remaining simple.  And the lesson I
learn from recent posts to this list is that we can't.

Jason G.