[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Request for method to let plugins execute code after stdconfig.php

Christian Ridderström chr
Fri Jul 16 12:39:55 CDT 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:

> Even if the chances that stdconfig.php will change the part of the
> string that you key off of are small, it's still better to just set the
> string how you want it rather than relying on modifying some predefined
> value IMHO.

There might be another plugin which also wants modify the string (or
perhaps it defines its own). If I do a search-replace, the plugin is not
guaranteed to be compatible with future versions of pmwiki (or other
plugins), but at least the chance is bigger.

> > Not to mention that I usually just want to change a small bit, and
> > it's often a variable with a long string.
>
> How hard is it to cut-n-paste from one file to another and make the
> changes?

Not that hard, but annoying. Don't forget that when/if pmwiki changes, I
will also have to remember to compare this large string with whatever
there is in pmwiki... if you then do this for every release of pmwiki, and
every plugin you "maintain" it gets to be a bit of work.

/Christian