[Pmwiki-users] Autosave on Preview

John Rankin john.rankin
Thu Jul 8 16:23:51 CDT 2004

On Friday, 9 July 2004 8:17 AM, Mirko Froehlich <mfroehlich at virage.com> wrote:

>On Thu, Jul 08, 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
>> What happens if two people are editing the page?  Does it
>> become a hassle to have to worry about action=edit vs.
>> action=editpreview?  If there are multiple people creating
>> stored previews of a page, do they all share the same stored
>> preview?  Note that storing temporary edits in this way would
>> mean that such edits are not part of the page history, and
>> thus would not have a restore capability or the ability to
>> handle simultaneous edits.
>>
>> I have more comments on this topic but will write them in a
>> later, broader message.
>
>Sounds good. Overall I was thinking along the same lines as Steven. I'm not
>sure whether the preview content should only be accessible using a special
>URL (e.g. action=editpreview) or if it should be accessible from the UI,
>since PmWiki could automatically alert the user to the fact that a
>previously auto-saved page exists if they try to edit a page and the date of
>the preview autosave is more recent than that of the actual
>last edit.
>
>-Mirko

I think Steven's idea would also go a long way to meeting the requirement
for approving a page (or page change) before it's released. But I might
call the directory preview/ rather than temp/.

Would there be an option of setting a 'Save' password? That is, one
can edit and make a preview of a page, but saving would prompt for a
password.
--
JR