[Pmwiki-users] Quoting http:/.... from within code invoke by $DoubleBrackets

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Jan 25 05:52:03 CST 2004

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 01:32:37PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > Answer #2 (longer): Rather than try to come up with an answer for "what
> > should happen" in every markup instance, I've followed PmWikiPhilosophy
> > #3 and used a simplistic implementation that covers 95% of the cases for
> > now (and typically doesn't present too much confusion to the naive author),
> > leaving the other 5% of the cases purposefully unresolved until one or two
> > specific problem scenarios are presented that can guide us towards a
> > "correct" answer to such cases.  :-)
>
> Hmm, on reading this a second time... does this mean that the beahviour is
> not defined *yet*, but it will/(may?) be sometime in the future?

...*may* be defined at some time in the future, if it becomes clear
that it needs to be defined a certain way in order to support a
particular application or feature, or because a lot of sites are
relying on the existing implementation to function in the way
it currently does.  AFAIK, there aren't any sites where people
are doing things like [[$[[$Title]]]] or relying on it to achieve
specific results (and if there are, I'm pretty sure that we can design
much better solutions to do the same thing!).