[Pmwiki-users] Security (and perhaps author tracking)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Jan 20 18:52:57 CST 2004

As you might guess, this capability already exists.  :-)

You can set the value of $AuthFunction in local.php to be the name
of any PHP authentication function you want to define.  By default
this is set to 'BasicAuth' for the pmwiki-default authentication,
the sessionauth.php script gives an example of how this can be changed
to some other script-supplied function.

Essentially the function should expect to receive a page name,
an authorization level ('read', 'edit', 'auth', 'upload'), and a
true/false value if the user should be prompted for authentication
if he/she hasn't already been authenticated somehow.  So, if you already
have a "content controller" in PHP somehow, it should be fairly easy
to write the glue to connect your PHP functions to PmWiki's authentication
module.

Let me know if you want some additional help on this--I'm sure that
others on the listserv would find the process quite instructive.  :-)

Pm