[Pmwiki-users] Security (and perhaps author tracking)

J. Perkins jason
Tue Jan 20 18:39:41 CST 2004

Patrick,

I haven't look at this yet but it's something that is moving up my to-do
list. I would like to integrate a wiki into a secured environment. I
already have a PHP "content controller" that handles the logon and
limits what users can access. I would love to tie this in with PmWiki,
check the active session, and allow read/edit based on the user's role.
Perhaps this is possible already, like I said I haven't had a chance to
look at it yet, but in case it is not I thought it might be something
that could be addressed for the 0.6 release.

Off the top of my head, I guess I would like to be able to plug in a
function that gets called before a page is displayed or edited, and that
can either accept or reject the request. If I could display the user's
logon name next to their changes in the recent history display, that
would be icing on the cake.

Jason