[Pmwiki-users] Another idea before bedtime...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Jan 5 19:41:09 CST 2004

My biggest concern about using '\\' as a break markup is that I think it could
occur naturally in too many contexts (e.g., regexps, latex) where it's not
intended to be a break.  Also, sometimes people will want to generate a
line break but can't do it at the end of a line (e.g., in a table cell).

Plus, the whole issue of how newlines should be honored is still an open
question (that I hope to largely resolve and make some decisions on prior
to 0.6.0 being released).

Pm