[Pmwiki-users] Re: Call For Directory Simplicity

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Feb 14 07:43:59 CST 2004

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 11:23:05AM -0300, Andres Yver wrote:

> Is it too convoluted to have more than one local directory, and that
> local is something never overwritten? For example, your (localized) CSS
> could go in /pub/local/css...

It's not too convoluted, but I don't think PmWiki needs to impose a
particular structure on pub/.  A site admin can create a pub/local/
subdirectory if desired and PmWiki will never write anything in it.

Starting with the next (beta) release, the only file that PmWiki will
create in any directory with "local" in it will be local/.htaccess.

> I tend to think of CSS files as pub items, in that they should be
> publicly viewable to browsers (people).

More than that, CSS files have to be publicly viewable to work at all,
otherwise the browser (software) can't access them.