[Pmwiki-users] Re: Call For Directory Simplicity

Andres Yver yver
Sat Feb 14 07:23:13 CST 2004

On Saturday, February 14, 2004, at 02:25 AM,
Pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com wrote:

> One possible solution could be to encourage the admin to instead of
> modifying the CSS-files in pub/CSS, he copies them first to another
> directory, e.g. local/CSS and modifies them there. And then pmwiki.php
> uses local/CSS/pmwiki.css instead of pub/CSS/pmwiki.css if the former
> exists. OTOH, maybe anything below local/ should be inaccessible to a
> browser, I don't know.

Is it too convoluted to have more than one local directory, and that
local is something never overwritten? For example, your (localized) CSS
could go in /pub/local/css...
I tend to think of CSS files as pub items, in that they should be
publicly viewable to browsers (people). We're all learning CSS right
now and it's helpful to 'view source' on well written sites.
Images could be /pub/images.

andres