[Pmwiki-users] Re: Author tracking questions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Feb 1 12:22:42 CST 2004

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 07:57:24PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:

> >From Pm:
> >
> >Good point, but I think I'd like the space to be optional, so that I can
> >sign as "--Pm".  So maybe something like
> >	"(?:^|\\s)--\\s?($UserNamePattern)\\$".
>
> Looks good to me. For that matter, I wouldn't mind prohibiting the space
> completely (although I think should still be rendered with a space).

Well, if it renders with a space then a space should be allowed in
the markup.  Indeed, I was thinking that the space would be rendered
or not rendered depending on if it was in the markup or not.  Sometimes
I prefer "--Pm" over "-- Pm".

> A note though: Something like this will also trigger the pattern:
>
> 	'    --Verbose-Option'

True.  And should we allow italics or WikiStyles around signatures,
as in '''--Pm'''?  If so, then the end-of-line anchor doesn't quite
worked, we'd want the regex to be something like
'(?:^|\\s)--\\s?($UserNamePattern)\\W*\\$'.

Should we allow usernames to begin with a lowercase letter?  I vote yes.