[Pmwiki-users] Re: Author tracking questions

Christian Ridderström chr
Sun Feb 1 11:57:34 CST 2004

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004, Reimer Behrends wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 06:38:07PM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 12:45:53AM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> [...]
> > > It'd be nice if '-- Christian' at the end of a line would automatically
> > > link to say Users.Christian.
> >
> > I think this might be done (by default?) with a DoubleBrackets entry--
> > I'll see what I can do.  Is the regex "--\\s*[[:upper:]][\\w-]+$"
> > sufficient?  Could it match more than we intend?
>
> "WE hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal,
> that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,
> that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness -- That
> to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving
> their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever ..."

Was it not "That" who said it ;-)   Ok, on a more serious note, I don't
think it'll be a big problem since:

 1. If you write the paragraph on one line, this won't happen.
 2. Or just put a space after 'That'...
 3. I think the text "...Happiness -- That" should actually be entered as:
	...Happiness — That

>From Pm:
>
>Good point, but I think I'd like the space to be optional, so that I can
>sign as "--Pm".  So maybe something like
>	"(?:^|\\s)--\\s?($UserNamePattern)\\$".

Looks good to me. For that matter, I wouldn't mind prohibiting the space
completely (although I think should still be rendered with a space).

A note though: Something like this will also trigger the pattern:

	'    --Verbose-Option'

maybe in the case of a space in front, we should require there to be
something more than just spaces in front?
	"(?:^|(?:[^\\s]\\s))--\\s?($UserNamePattern)\\$".

Or will this not be a problem since there is no user called
'Verbose-Option'?

/Christian