[Pmwiki-users] CleanURLs cause action=crypt to fail

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Dec 26 08:51:33 CST 2004

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 11:58:13AM +0000, Hans Bracker wrote:
> I noticed in two installations of pmwiki2 beta13 on different servers,
> after using the cookbook script for CleanUrls, action=crypt fails to
> return the encrypted password. The form loads and submits fine, but
> instead of showing the encrypted pasword the HomePage appears.

In this case, instead of just adding ?action=crypt to the pmwiki url,
add it to the end of a page, as in

   http://www.mysite.com/pmwiki/Main/HomePage?action=crypt

> Can crypt.php be mended so it can cope with cleanUrls?
> The Clean Urls work perfectly otherwise.

The problem isn't with crypt.php, the problem is that the correct
syntax would have to be (note the slash after "pmwiki"):
    http://www.mysite.com/pmwiki/?action=crypt

Since http://www.mysite.com/pmwiki is a directory, Apache sends
back a redirect request to the browser telling it to re-request
things at "http://www.mysite.com/pmwiki/" and losing the ?action=crypt
in the process.  There's probably not a good way with mod_rewrite
to be able to get ?action=crypt to work when that slash isn't present--
that's just the way mod_rewrite works.