[Pmwiki-users] Per-page customized sidebars

Alexandre Courbot Alexandre.Courbot
Mon Aug 30 15:50:40 CDT 2004

> At the moment, no, but I'll see if I can come up with something.
> However, something like this can work in PmWiki 2, although the syntax
> would be:
>
>   [:include {$PageName} #begininfos#endinfos:]

What would be great would be the ability to use page and group names to
generate links in general. For instance, about the customizable sidebar
stuff, one could have a special page (say SideBarCustoms) which would
contain:

[[#page1custom]]
Stuff of interest for page 1...
[[#endpage1custom]]

[[#page2custom]]
Stuff of interest for page 2...
[[#endpage2custom]]

The Sidebar code would then include:

[:include SideBarCustoms #{$PageName}custom#end{$PageName}custom:]

And there you could really do some sidebar customization. Among plenty
of other things I haven't thought about.

Another random suggestion: it should be possible to avoid including the
anchor when including part of a page. Sometimes one want to include
several pages with similar anchor names - doing so would produce invalid
HTML, because the same anchor name would appear several time into the
page. Actually I've never been in need to use the anchors that have been
included, so I'd suggest it to be the default behavior. After all, one
can always add an anchor before including part of a page if he needs,
that sounds more logical and would avoid this kind of problems while
allowing more flexibility.

Alex.