[Pmwiki-users] [[include: ... ]] part of a page

John Rankin john.rankin
Thu Apr 15 18:49:14 CDT 2004

On Friday, 16 April 2004 6:58 AM, Steven Leite <steven_leite at kitimat.net> wrote:
>This is a small enhancement request.
>It would be very useful (and trivial to implement) to write:
>
>    [[include:PageName#anchor]]
>
>Just one small comment.  When I read this first time through, and judging by
>the syntax you provided, I thought you were trying to include a paragraph of
>text, specified by the #anchor text.

FWIW, there is a way to do this in the cookbook; as part of the page
table of contents collection, you get:

    [[para:PageName#anchor]]

which returns the paragraph after #anchor or, if omitted, the first
paragraph of the page, or up to a stop character `.

And you are right, using the same syntax with 2 meanings is not good.

>If you are going to implement something like this, you may want to try and
>make it more intuitive.
>
>Something like:  [[includeupto:PageName#anchor]]
>
>This opens up the door for other syntax, like:
>[[includeafter:PageName#anchor]], to include everything after
>the anchor.
>
>Just my two bits.
>
>--S

and perhaps [[include:PageName#from#to]] as this is unambiguous?

--
JR