[Pmwiki-users] notes on pmwiki documentation

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun Mar 2 14:30:02 CST 2003

On Sunday, 2 March 2003 6:07 PM, Dawn Green <green at thunderdata.com> wrote:
> Or perhaps it's just not worth worrying about.  I'm already seeing on
> the SciTechWiki and TAMUCCWiki that a person or group creates lots
> of pages within "Main", and then either they or someone else comes=20
> along soon afterwards and moves them into a WikiGroup.  So maybe it's
> a self-resolving problem.

There is some validity to your concerns, I guess.  But remeber this:  =
PmWiki
pages (and I am assuming this will be all the documentation,etc) are not =
going
to look like the pages the admin creates.  I am certain that Concrete =
Street
is not going to be creating new pages off of the TextFormattingTips page.  =
And
if they do, they will immmediately see that this is not the look they =
wanted.

Dawn

--
I couldn't figure it out the first time. It would have helped if there had =
been an obvious answer to 'where do I start?' What about a new text link =

(I created my very first page by editing Main/HomePage then clicking on =
the ? link. I might easily have done the same thing in the Sandbox.)

Then on the Main.Home page, add an instruction to 'when you are ready to =
start creating pages, click on Home in the bottom right, then edit the =
page'. The administrator may set this to be the same as clicking on the =
image in the top left, but for a default installation they would be =
different.

John Rankin