[Pmwiki-users] notes on pmwiki documentation

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sat Mar 1 18:44:49 CST 2003

If HowTo is used, then HowToVerb... might be a convention to follow, eg
  HowToSetUpPmWiki
  HowToUsePmWikiGroups
  HowtoInstallPmWiki
  HowToUpgradeToANewVersion
  HowToAdministerWikiStyles
  HowToAddCustomMarkup

are a few examples. This would also help distinguish pages which are =
definitions (nouns such as WikiWord, WikiTrail, etc) from pages which are =
instructions. I think this would help both authors and readers be clear on =
what is the page's purpose. And sometimes pages are both definitions and =
instructions (WikiTrailsAndTheirUse for example).

In general, I try to avoid turning nouns into verbs (configure into =
configuration), and favour plain English over Latin or Greek (SetUp rather =
than Configure).

I am finding that putting scripts that add markup to the standard =
distribution in a directory called 'extras' has really helped me keep =
track of what's going on (but I get confused easily). Local I use for =
different colour schemes or page layouts.

As this is likely to be a moving target as page names move around before =
they settle, a [[redirect:pagename]] as the sole contents of a page may be =
worth considering.
--=20
John Rankin
--
On Saturday, 1 March 2003 10:49 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at sci.=