[Pmwiki-users] discussion on line breaks

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Jul 17 01:19:33 CDT 2003

Another possibility is to introduce a double-bracket directive, something
like [[linebreaks]] (a la [[spacewikiwords]]), which indicates that the
text is to be interpreted with newlines being translated into breaks.
Thus one could write

    some things we know we know,
    some things we know we don't know

and have it rendered differently depending on [[linebreaks]].  And of
course WikiAdministrators and GroupHeaders could modify the setting
away from the default so that it doesn't have to be repeated in every
page.

I'm not entirely sure I like this approach, but it's another possibility.

I think it's also worth pointing out that the suggestions being made are
not mutually exclusive--we can do combinations of them, in which case the
question becomes "which combination is best?"