[Pmwiki-users] notes on pmwiki documentation

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at sci.tamucc.edu
Fri Feb 28 17:01:33 CST 2003

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:

> For complex guidance, WikiTrails may make sense. Would there a way to
> convert the WikiTrail "table of contents" page into a single page
> containing a concatenation of all of the pages in the trail ...

I was just working on that... :-)  I've now updated trails.php so that
one can get a generic list of pages in a WikiTrail structure, including
the outline structure that occurs when we have nested lists (i.e.,
a TrailStop knows its previous, next, and "parent" pages in the trail).
This simplifies the ^|TrailPage|^ implementation for ancestry path
details that John Rankin uses, and is now included in trails.php.
It also forms the basis for being able to handle WikiOutlines if we
ever need to do something like that.

But handling the concatenation of all trail pages into a single displayed
page appears to be a bit tricky without either duplicating or modifying
a lot of code from pmwiki.php to properly process headers and footers
over a sequence of pages.  So, I'm going to just let this idea sit
for a while until I either really need it or until an easy solution
pops out at me.