[Pmwiki-users] Getting rid of pagename=... in the URL

Glenn Rice glenn_rice
Mon Dec 1 23:30:14 CST 2003

Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:

> What you need is to turn AcceptPathInfo on if you can. See step #4 of
> the installation instructions at
> http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/Installation
>
> You may also need to set $EnablePathInfo to a true value.  Search
> the docs at http://www.pmichaud.com/ for these terms.

I'd forgotten about the $EnablePathInfo. I set this which make forces
pmwiki to form the correct URL format, but no pages are retrieved as the
"AcceptPathInfo on" command is not recognised by Apache 1.3!

(I also tried $EnableDiag=1 and then ?action=phpinfo and discovered that
my Server API = CGI... I assume this means I'm stuck with ?pagenames ?!?!)

Glenn