[Pmwiki-users] Getting rid of pagename=... in the URL

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Mon Dec 1 19:05:28 CST 2003

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 09:51:38AM +1000, Glenn Rice wrote:
> Edward Andrews wrote:
>
> >This is it http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/ChangePmWikiURL
>
> Thanks for the reply, but this appears to just be to replace the
> pmwiki.php (or index.php in my case) to something else, ie. swap
> index.php for wiki.
>
> What I was really wanting to get rid of was the "?pagename" in the URL.
>
> The end bit of my URL is ".../index.php?pagename=TechNotes.HomePage"
>
> and I'd like it to appear as: ".../index.php/TechNotes/HomePage"

What you need is to turn AcceptPathInfo on if you can. See step #4 of
the installation instructions at
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/Installation

You may also need to set $EnablePathInfo to a true value.  Search
the docs at http://www.pmichaud.com/ for these terms.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff