[Pmwiki-users] Newbie questions?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Aug 10 11:33:55 CDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 10:13:26AM -0700, webmaster wrote:
> [...]
> pmwiki installed and runs fine except I get this error message:
>
> Warning: Use of undefined constant PREG_SPLIT_DELIM_CAPTURE - assumed
> 'PREG_SPLIT_DELIM_CAPTURE' in c:\apache\htdocs\pinrail\pmwiki.php on line 629
>
> I've pawed through the docs but can not locate what to do to eliminate
> this error.
> Suggestions?

Very strange.  What versions of Apache and PHP are you running?

> On another subject, the wiki's default install has the help/info stuff
> on the home page. I want to move it to a dedicated page with a link
> on the home page "About..." instead. How do I do this gracefully?

Here's how I do it:
  1. In your browser, click "Edit Page" on the home page.
  2. Select all of the text in the edit box and copy it to the clipboard.
     In IE I can do this by clicking in the edit box, pressing CTRL-A
     (select all) and CTRL-C (copy to clipboard).
  3. Navigate the browser to the new page where you want the text to
     reside, and edit that page.  You can do this by simply entering
     the URL of your desired new page in the browser's address bar.
  4. Paste (CTRL-V) the text from the clipboard into the edit box for your
     new page.
  5. Press Save.
  6. Now you have a copy of the help/info stuff on the new page.  You
     can now edit the original home page to have an "About..." link to the
     new page instead of the text itself.