[Pmwiki-users] Newbie questions?

webmaster webmaster
Sun Aug 10 11:12:39 CDT 2003

Greetings,

I am a new pmwiki admin and am trying to customize it to suit a web site I run for friends at www.fyia.org.

I have it installed on the site's server but since I do not control the error level or the logging on the site I have also set it up on my Windoze box which I also run Apache, PHP and MySql. But I am a technical writer, not a programmer so please bear with my stupdities.

pmwiki installed and runs fine except I get this error message:

Warning: Use of undefined constant PREG_SPLIT_DELIM_CAPTURE - assumed 'PREG_SPLIT_DELIM_CAPTURE' in c:\apache\htdocs\pinrail\pmwiki.php on line 629

I've pawed through the docs but can not locate what to do to eliminate this error.

Suggestions?

On another subject, the wiki's default install has the help/info stuff on the home page. I want to move it to a dedicated page with a link on the home page "About..." instead. How do I do this gracefully?

Thanks for your help.

Fraternally,

Allen Schaaf
<soundbyte at sound-by-design.com>

Despite direct awareness of what competition does to people...,
some individuals persist in claiming that its effects are
constructive.  This is a powerful example of how it is possible
to adjust our beliefs so as to escape the threatening realization
that we have been subjecting ourselves to something terrible,
that we have internalized a corrosive personality attribute.
        Alfie Kohn
        "NO CONTEST - The Case Against Competition"