[Pmwiki-users] RSS 1.0 feed ?

Carlo Strozzi carlos
Wed Aug 6 10:31:09 CDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 07:47:02AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> So, my very innocent question is:  Why RSS 1.0 (RDF) over 2.0?  And yes,
> I'll be glad to work on converting the existing RSS script to produce
> RDF instead--until now I just hadn't heard or seen any real reasons to do it.
>
> And should we be looking at all at the Echo syndication system?  (Echo is
> widely being touted as a replacement for RSS, among other things.)

I've never heard about Echo, so I'll look around for some documentation
to fill the gap. However, the point is that RDF is a very general and
extensible metadata framework. It fits well with concepts like the "the
sematnic web" and REST. All I can do is provide a few good links for you
to have a look at, as there's lot to be said about those things. I think
these links are very well worth reading in any case:

Semantic Web and RDF:
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Semantic.html
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/RDF-XML.html

REST architectural style:
http://internet.conveyor.com/RESTwiki/moin.cgi
http://www.xfront.com/sld001.htm

and countless other great links, including:

http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/0805-archdoc
http://www.w3.org/TR/PR-rdf-syntax/#intro

If I can be useful to you to expand on the above subjects just ask and
I'll be pleased to help, as far as I can.

Carlo
--
For best reading please set the Courier font.
Freedom for Business: http://swpat.ffii.org