[Pmwiki-users] RSS 1.0 feed ?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Aug 6 07:47:06 CDT 2003

I wrote the rss.php script mainly as an experiment to see what would happen,
and read several resources on RSS/RDF but couldn't really get a feel for
which format was better (and why).  I ultimately went with RSS 2.0 based
on recommendations in a few resources and because it was easier to
understand, but I didn't see any clear cut reasons for using one over the
other.

So, my very innocent question is:  Why RSS 1.0 (RDF) over 2.0?  And yes,
I'll be glad to work on converting the existing RSS script to produce
RDF instead--until now I just hadn't heard or seen any real reasons to do it.

And should we be looking at all at the Echo syndication system?  (Echo is
widely being touted as a replacement for RSS, among other things.)

Pm