[Pmwiki-users] Internationalization file, 1-Aug-2003

Carlo Strozzi carlos
Fri Aug 1 07:14:14 CDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 01:32:29AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> First, thanks to everyone who contributed to creating PmWiki
> internationalizations!  The initial results are now available for
> download from http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/Internationalizations .

One thing: where you say to add line include_once('local/lang-xx.php');
near the beginning of local.php, I would rather suggest that the language file
be included towards the end of local.php, otherwise some of the original
english definition may not be overridden.

Another thing: in the language file there are things like

Now, it is straightforward to localize the visible part of the link, but
the actual page name (/RecentChanges) remains unchanged in the actual
link. If I change it there, too, do I affect the way pmwiki works ?
That is not completely clear to me.

thanks for your hard work,
Carlo
--
For best reading please set the Courier font.
Freedom for Business: http://swpat.ffii.org