[Pmwiki-users] Some thoughts on delete and tables

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Tue Apr 29 10:54:52 CDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 11:35:08AM -0400, Ross Kowalski wrote:
> I was deleting some unused pages a minute ago and noticed that once a
> page is deleted, I am returned to the main:welcome page.  Would it make
> more sense to return the user to the group:welcome page after a
> deletion?

Sounds a like a good thing to me.   I wonder if there's a variable or
something where you can define what page you go to after a page
deletion?

> There is also currently no confirmation for a deletion, which on one
> hand eliminates the "are you sure you want to delet this?" dialog box
> that comes up on windows boxes when deleting, but I often find myself
> checking that the file was truely deleted anyway.

So ... you don't trust that the deletion tool is doing what it says it
does?  Or you just need some assurance that the wiki page was actually
deleted and taking you to the main page isn't it?

> Should there be an
> intermediary page between the edit window where you delete the page, and
> whatever wiki screen you are returned to?

I don't think so.  But you sparked an idea.  Maybe there should be a
tool that comes with PmWiki that allows for undeletion.   The tool
could present the user with a list of pages that have been deleted and
checkboxes for the user to select which pages they wanted undeleted.
You would have to be careful about undeletions overwriting pages that
have been created with the same name in the mean time though.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff at cbi.tamucc.edu