[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki Upload feature discussion

Isabelle Michaud isabelle at sci.tamucc.edu
Sun Oct 20 13:46:36 CDT 2002

Hi, all!

Should I send my comments here or add them to the wiki page referenced
below?

"Are uploaded files "attached" to a wiki page somehow, or are they just
in a generic upload pool that can be referenced from any wiki page?"

Uploaded files should be attached to a wiki page.  A page is a unit,
an object, and every part of it (text, photos, other files) should be
stored at the same place.  I would have a directory for each wiki page.
There would be a link somewhere on the page "see page components" that
would bring up a directory listing that would look like:

page.php
photo.jpg
image.gif
document.pdf

Each file would have options like "rename", "delete".  The directory
would have an upload capability.  This should look as close as possible
to Windows file navigation system.  Someone would upload a file, choose
a name for it, and then edit the wiki page to include a reference to it.

"What happens if someone attempts to upload a file with the same name
as an existing file?"

A message should pop up (just like in windows) asking "Do you want to
overwrite the existing file?"  Let the user choose.

More later,

Isabelle