[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki Upload feature discussion

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at sci.tamucc.edu
Sun Oct 20 10:54:58 CDT 2002

An oft-requested feature for PmWiki has been the addition of an "upload"
capability that would allow users to upload images that can be easily
embedded inside of wiki pages.  The idea is to allow users to include
images without having to know about FTP, acquire web directory space,
know a lot about URLs, etc.

I've been thinking about this sort of capability for a long time but I
still don't have a good intuitive feel for how the implementation should
look/work, which is why I haven't committed to a specific implementation
yet.  Since demand for this sort of feature continues to grow, I've created
a page where others can help me articulate how the feature should be
designed.  The discussion page is at

    http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/PmWikiUploadDiscussion

if anyone wants to join in.  I've already placed some of the basic
assumptions and issues here, and hope that others will be able to
help me flesh it out.

Of course, if anyone wants to discuss individual items or topics via
email, that's fine with me.

Thanks in advance,