[pmwiki-users] Incorporating a double underline into the default pmwiki skin

Hans Bracker design at softflow.uk
Tue May 28 01:56:59 PDT 2024

Hi Dave,

Monday, May 27, 2024, 7:11:01 PM, you wrote:

> I tried both
>  Markup('^====','>^->','/^====+/','<:block,1> <hr class="hr-double" />');
> and
>  Markup('^====','>^->','/^====+/','<:block,1> <hr class="hr.hr-double" />');
> in my config.php (no change either way

> I tested it in Chrome and Edge with no change. I still see a single line no matter what I try.

> My only recipe is wsplus.php

> It is on a wiki farm so I changed them ("tools" is the field) in
> tools/css /local.css
> and
> tools/local/config.php

> I'm using the generic pmwiki install and the default responsive skin

the second markup definition is wrong, it should just read : class="hr-double"

In the css file the rule for class=hr-double  could be written as
.hr-double { ....}
 or
hr.hr-double { ... }
This  latter restricts the rule to be applied only to hr HTML elements, which we want.
But it should not matter really which version of the css rule.

Otherwise I am at a loss what is going wrong.
You could highlight some text followed by the horizontal line in your browser, and right click and select "inspect", which will open an HTML inspection panel. There you should find <hr class="hr-double: />
If not then the markup definition is not applied.
If yes you can highlight the HTML and see the relevant css (in Edge browser I can see it).
So you can check if the browser picks up the correct CSS rules for the hr HTML element, or anything else.

Make sure you did force the browser to reload css files (Ctrl-F5 in Windows) before any of the checks.

cheers,
Hans